For Partners that have purchased a Marketplace App as apart of your SeeClickFix contract, these requirements and guidelines will help you understand the process of releasing your app to the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.
- Create an intuitive interface that promotes your town or organization’s messages & information.
- Simplify the active participation of citizens or members through thoughtful planning and design.
Please send us the primary logo you would like to use for your app in vector format (EPS, SVG, or Illustrator/AI). If vector format is not possible, we can work with a raster image (e.g. Photoshop/PSD), but the results may vary.
Android Design Guidelines
It can be a bit challenging to take advantage of all aspects of Android icons but we recommend the approach shown below. See here for the full technical details.
- Provide the hex code for your background-color
- Provide a foreground icon image file formatted as a 512x512 PNG or an SVG file with the same dimensions
- Make sure all important content appears in a circular safe area at the center of the square icon
- The circular safe area for a 512x512 image has a diameter of 308px (60% of the width of the icon)
- Content outside the safe area may be masked on some devices
- The foreground icon image will be rendered on top of the background color so the background color should not be incorporated into the foreground icon, use alpha transparency to select where the background color will appear
- Do not use any shadow effects in your foreground icon
If you follow these guidelines SeeClickFix can generate all the appropriate icons and images for your app automatically.
The name you choose plays a critical role in how users discover your app in the iOS and Android stores. We recommend:
- Choose a simple, memorable, and easy to spell.
- Avoid names that use generic terms or are substantially similar to existing app names.
- Long names may be truncated, which means users will not see all the characters. We recommend your app name does not exceed 23 characters, for optimal presentation on every device.
- Reflects the branding and marketing chosen for your dedicated mobile app including a goal/theme.
Goal: General/Government App
Examples: Pinellas County; City of Monroe, GA
Goal: Problem Reporting App - “Location Name 311” or “Location Name Fix It”
Examples: Minneapolis 311; Houston 311; ABQ 311; Greensboro Fix It; Fix It! Portland
Goal: Citizen Engagement App - “Location Name Connect” or “Engage Location Name”
Examples: Chatham County Connect; Commonwealth Connect; Engage Toledo; Engage SSF
This is your opportunity to provide an engaging description that highlights the basic purpose and functionality of your app. The ideal description is a concise, attention-grabbing paragraph that lets potential users know why this is worth installing (e.g. Anytown 311 is the easiest and most efficient way for you to communicate directly with local government staff!).
After this opening description, we recommend including a short list of features in the app. You should not add unnecessary keywords to your description in an attempt to affect search results. This provides a bad experience for users and can create a negative impression of your app’s quality.
For a good example, here’s the description from Access Princeton (iOS & Android):
For those potholes, damaged street signs, and other local problems that need attention, the Access Princeton app makes reporting a problem easier than ever. This app uses GPS to recognize your location and gives you a menu of common quality-of-life conditions to select from. The app allows you to upload pictures or videos to accompany your request. The mobile app can also be used for a variety of other requests such as street maintenance, street light requests, damaged trees, parking meters, and others. Residents can track the status of reports they or other members of the community have submitted. Residents can also call Access Princeton (609-924-4141) for information on any municipal service and to report a problem in town or visit us at Monument Hall, 1 Monument Dr., Princeton, NJ for free notary service or general town information.
Within 2-5 business days of receiving requirements #1-3, we will send a visual proof for your review and approval.
Please send your approval as a written response to our proof email. Once we have received your final approval, we will begin building the app and submit it for release in the app stores.