The Block Submission feature prevents requests from being submitted into categories by creating a “dead-end". By adding in a message via the secondary question setting, your organization can redirect the resident to the correct place.
- Navigate to your Profile > Manage Organization.
- Select Request Categories on the left-hand side.
- Select the three verticle dots next to the category, then select Edit.
- Select the Block Submission toggle, then click Update at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate back to the Request Categories page. Select + Question next to the category.
- Input the message or note you'd like the user to see.
- Select the Message or Note option from the Question Type dropdown list. Then click Create.
- Use the Message or Note Question Type to redirect the resident. For example, it could be a phone number to call or a website to go to for more information.
Resident Submission View
When a resident submits a request with Block Submission enabled, they'll receive a message that the organization does not accept requests for that category. Future improvements include removing the description field from the page.