Each form created in CP Connect is configurable to allow anonymous submissions. This setting can be found when creating a new form or editing an existing form. If anonymous submissions are not allowed, the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields are required to submit the form. If anonymous submissions are allowed, then the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields become optional fields.
When the constituent’s name and contact information is completely unknown, they are considered an anonymous constituent. Forms submitted by anonymous constituents have a constituent profile created in CP Connect with the name field as "Anonymous Constituent". The municipality can view the constituent's responses to all other custom fields on the form. In the case that a constituent provides their contact information but NOT their first or last name, their name in CP Connect is titled as the first piece of contact information that we received from them.
- By default, all forms have this setting disabled, but that can be updated at any time.
- If the name and contact information of an anonymous constituent become known, this information can be updated on the constituent's profile at any time.
- When Anonymous Constituents is enabled, the Enable Automatic Service Request setting is automatically enabled.
- Navigate to Management > Forms
- Create a new form or edit an existing form
- Check or uncheck Allow Anonymous Submissions
- Click Save Changes