Requests can sometimes require work from multiple staff in different departments. Work Orders allow individual tasks to be delegated and assigned so that work can be completed to resolve a Request.
Work Orders (WOs) are objects whose primary goal is organizing and quantifying the work that needs to be done. Think of Work Orders as transactions: they are well-defined, individually owned and most importantly, they are actionable.
Create a Work Order within an Existing RequestMost often, a Work Order is a task that needs to be completed in order to Close a Request. As such, a Work Order can be created within a Request and it will be connected to that Request.
- Navigate to an existing Request
- Scroll down along the right side of the Request Detail View and click New Work Order
- Complete the fields within the new Work Order:
- Status - There are two statuses: To-Do and Done.
- Assignee - This is the person who will be notified of the new Work Order and be responsible for completing that work.
- Due Date - The Due Date gives the assignee an understanding of the urgency of this Work Order.
- Location - When creating a Work Order within a Request, the location is automatically set as the Request's location
Create a Standalone Work OrderIf in the case that you need to create a Work Order that's not connected to an existing Request, you can use the New button in the top right-hand corner of the CRM and then click Work Order.