By default, commenting and reopening of Requests is allowed for all Request Categories. SeeClickFix (now Citizen Relationship Management) is designed to be a way for citizens and local governments to connect on issue resolution, and central to this design is communication. However, there are some types of issues and types of users that are more difficult than others. User restrictions can help limit and reduce unnecessary commenting and issue reopening on Requests.
When viewing a Request that has an action restriction, end users will see the following message over the area where commenting and status changes would be located: "Public commenting and status changes are not available for this issue."
Important Note: After implementing restrictions, users on older versions of the Android and iOS app may experience an error message. We recommend troubleshooting these error messages by recommending that users update their app.
- Navigate to the User Profile > Manage Organization.
- Click Request Categories.
- Select the category you wish to edit.
- Scroll to the Public User Restrictions section and set any desired restrictions.
- Requester: The user that has submitted the Request
- All Public Users: All citizen users besides the requester
- None: Commenting and reopening are allowed.
- Disable reopens: Commenting is allowed, but once a Request is closed it cannot be reopened.
- Disable status changes: Request status cannot be changed.
- Disable all actions on closed requests: Once a Request is closed by an organization user or a citizen user, commenting and reopening are not allowed.
- Disable all actions on all requests: Commenting, closing, and reopening is not allowed for all requests in any state.
- Click Update.