Through the use of Secondary Questions, you can include questions with each Request Category to capture any additional information that will help to address the reported issue. You can also include messages to be shown during the reporting process.
Who can add Secondary Questions to Request Categories?
- Owner users can access this feature.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
Before you begin adding secondary questions, make sure you have a clear idea of the information you need to collect from a citizen during the reporting process to increase your efficiency in addressing each service request. In order to ensure a friendly experience and maximize the accuracy and quality of the data you want to collect with these questions, we recommend planning out what questions you wish to ask before beginning to add questions.
Add a Secondary Question to an Existing Request Category
- Click on the gear to the right of the Request Category and select Add a Question
- Enter the question in the Question Prompt field
- Select a question type from the drop-down menu:
- Small Text Box: For more specific descriptive questions that cannot be answered with predefined options.
- Big Text Box: For questions that require a significant amount of detail or elaboration about the issue (ie. circumstantial details, extensive lists, etc.) Remember, reporters will use the description field in the issue itself to describe the issue in detail!
- Message/Note: Enter text you want to be displayed with the service request to inform the reporter about any requirements or limitations.
- For example:
- “Please do not use SeeClickFix to report emergency issues.”
- “The city is not responsible for fixing road problems on state-controlled roads such as highways. If this issue is on a state road, please call...”
- For example:
- Pulldown Select: For questions with predefined answer options that require a single answer (ie. yes/no, small/medium/large, outside/inside, etc.)
- Checkboxes: For questions with predefined answer options that allow for one or more answers
Formatting the Options for Pulldown Select and Checkboxes
Definitions of the Additional Settings for Secondary Questions
Time of Question
This defines whether this secondary question is asked when the Request is submitted or after it's Closed.
- Selecting Open asks the question when the Request is initially being opened by the Citizen. These are questions that only the reporter will answer.
- Selecting Closed asks the question after the Request has been closed. These are questions that only Organization Users will answer and they can only be answered within the CRM. This can be used to require information from staff when a Request has been closed.
Internal Use Only
- If toggled, this question will only appear to organizational users, not citizens.
Display Answer Publicly?
- If toggled, the answer to this question will appear visible to all.
Is a response required?
- If toggled, this question must be answered in order to submit the Request.
- If toggled, this question is active within this Request Category.