Who can use this feature?
A Geography within SeeClickFix is the area that your organization services.
- Request Categories and Agencies: Geographies are applied to Agencies and define the service areas for individual Agencies and their associated Request Categories.
- Notices: Notices are sent to Users who have Points of Interest (POIs) within a Geography. When a Notice is sent, an existing Geography is selected to send to those users interested in that area.
- Reporting: Reports can be generated and examined based on Geography.
- Click the Profile icon > Manage Organization
- Select Geographies in the left-hand navigation
- Add a Geography one of two ways:
- Import a Place: SeeClickFix has many pre-existing geographies that have already been created and are used to define Places within the SeeClickFix system. This option is seldom used for existing clients because during the implementation process SeeClickFix will have worked with your GIS team to create and add geographies to create your organization's Place. Before using this option, please consult with your organization's GIS staff member.
- Upload a Shapefile: Shapefiles must be uploaded in a zip folder (one shapefile per zip folder). Each geography in the shapefile will create a separate record in SeeClickFix. This is the preferred way for clients to manage Geographies.
- Click the gear icon to edit an existing geography
- Edit: Select to edit the Title of the geography
- View on Map: Click to open a map of the geography
- Update Agency: Select to have an Agency assume the boundaries of the new geography
- Delete: Click to remove the geography