Work Order Resources are consumable and trackable things that organizational staff use to complete Work.
Who can adjust Resources?
- Owner users can configure.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
Accessing Resource Configuration
- To access Request Categories click the Profile Icon and then Manage Organization. Resources are located in the left-hand navigation
Resources help you track Cost
Anytime something is used to complete work and resolve a citizen issue, there are costs associated with those things. With Resources, you can track and quantify the things that are used to complete work. This will allow your team to be more efficient and better understand what materials are needed to complete work.
To put this into the context of an entire Request and Work Order lifecycle, here’s how an Example City uses Resources in their Work Orders:
- A citizen drives over a pothole and submits an Issue Report using the SeeClickFix app.
- That Issue Report comes into the CRM as a Request that is assigned to Dan who is the Public Works Supervisor for Example City.
- Dan marks the issue as Acknowledged and comments on the Request that he is assigning a Work Order to the next available staff member.
- Dan creates a Work Order and assigns it to Jim, who is a Public Works Staff Member.
- When Dan creates this Work Order, a set of Resources that are budgeted to fix this issue appear on the Work Order. These resources include:
- 20lbs of Asphalt
- 20 Miles of Gas for Truck A
- One traffic officer to redirect traffic
- Jim goes out and fixes the pothole
- Jim comes back to the office or uses the CRM on his phone on-site and marks which resources he used to fix the Pothole.
- Of the budgeted 20lbs of Asphalt, Jim used 12lbs
- Of the budgeted 20 miles of Gas for Truck A, Jim used 8 miles
- Jim didn’t need to use a traffic officer for traffic redirection because the pothole was in the parking lane. Jim doesn’t add that resource to his Used Resources