Work Order Categories should be specific and tailored to allow Resources to be budgeted and used for that specific piece of work. Work Orders can be adjusted and changed at any time.
Who can adjust Work Order Categories?
- Owner users can access this feature.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
Accessing Work Order Categories
- To access Request Categories, click the Profile Icon and then Manage Organization. Work Order Categories are located in the left-hand navigation.
How should Work Order Categories be named?Naming your Work Order Categories allows you some creativity because you can design the naming of categories with a mixture of both an Action and an Asset. Work Order Categories should be specific and tailored to allow Resources to be budgeted and used for that specific piece of work. Here are just a few examples:
- General Sewer Issue
- Parks - Athletic Field Maintenance
- Parks - Clean Restroom
- Parks - Clean Shelter
- Public Works - Asphalt Pickup
- Public Works - Clean up City Lake
- Public Works - Patch Pothole
- Public Works - Repair Curb
- Water & Sewer - Culvert Flooding
Using specific Work Order Categories allows for specific Resources to be budgeted for those individual tasks. Then, once a Work Order is marked as Done by a staff member, they can identify which Resources they used for that task. This allows the specific Work Order Category resources to be tracked.
Learn more about resources here: What are Resources?