Within SeeClickFix.com, we maintain a separate database for testing so that organizations can play around with SeeClickFix before going "live."
Why do we need two separate databases?
SeeClickFix maintains a separate database for testing, training, and draft account configuration. This database environment is known as “Integration” (or simply INT). INT is our sandbox test environment for partners to use outside of the public live database. This allows partners to test out features and configurations before exposing that to the public. The use of the INT environment is integral to the new account implementation process.
The live public environment is known as “Production” (or simply PROD). The production environment is used for live service for your account.
Each environment has a separate database. Described below is how these separate databases affect each component of the SeeClickFix system.
A user account must be specifically added to each environment as passwords will be stored separately. Remember, if you change your password in one environment, the change will not be reflected in the other environments.
Your account configurations in each environment are unique. In other words, if you change your configuration in one environment, that change will not automatically reflect on the other environment.
The INT environment has an old copy of the production database modified by any changes that were made directly in the system. When updates are made to our services and platform, this environment gets the same updates as production.
If you would like to use our INT environment as a sandbox for your organization, please contact your Partnership Manager or Support. They will need to set up the account for you and invite you to the INT (testing) environment.
Key Differences between INT and PROD
While INT and PROD generally operate in the same ways, there are a few key differences in the environments that are important to note:
- INT will only send emails to members of your account and email addresses ending in @seeclickfix.com.
- Emails from INT will be labeled in the subject line with [SeeClickFix Integration]. Requests on the INT environment do not automatically become “Archived” after being closed.
- In PROD, requests automatically become archived after being closed with no activity for seven days.
Accessing INT on your Desktop Browser
You can access the INT environment via either of these links:
Accessing INT on SeeClickFix Apps
You can also access the INT environment on the mobile app. First, download the SeeClickFix mobile app. Then follow the applicable directions for your device.
- Open the SeeClickFix app
- Tap on Profile
- Tap on Settings in the top right-hand corner
- Hold down on Version number for 3-5 seconds
- Below the Version Number, a few environment options will appear.
- Select Integration. Please note, we also have a server called "Test" this is for our internal product testing. INT is for our partner's testing and setup.
- Click About
- Tap the Android Version number 10 times. Make sure to tap the actual number itself. This will make the Developer Tools window appear.
- Scroll down and change the Server from "Production" to "Integrations" in the drop-down menu. Please note, we also have a server called "Test" this is for our internal product testing. INT is for our partner's testing and setup.
- If not already set, change your place to the appropriate location.