- Version: 2013 (JSON API), 2014, 2015, 15.0-15.5
- On-premise or Online
- Service Requests (SR) and/or Work Orders (WO)
- Citizen Engagement API license
- The Integration can query Cityworks for a list of public SR or WO “Templates”, to be used as request categories on SeeClickFix report forms.
- Request categories are grouped into one or more customer-defined “agencies”, each with a geographical service area. These geographies are configured via polygon shapefiles uploaded to SeeClickFix.
- There is no limit to the number of categories that can be synced with Cityworks.
- This query runs on a schedule but can also be triggered on-demand via the SeeClickFix Citizen Request Manager (CRM).
Syncing Questions & Answers (SR ONLY)
- For each request category synced with a Cityworks SR template, the Integration will query Cityworks for a list of Q&A.
- The Cityworks integration views questions synced from Cityworks as PUBLIC on SeeClickFix unless the question text contains “email”, “e-mail”, or “phone”. If any of those words are used in the question, then the question will be marked as PRIVATE. If a secondary question should be kept PRIVATE within SeeClickFix, then the automatic sync for secondary questions should be disabled. This must be completed by a SeeClickFix Admin.
- Questions imported via the automatic sync process are always marked as “required” within SeeClickFix.
- This query runs on a schedule, but can also be triggered on-demand via the SeeClickFix CRM.
- Prior to creating an SR in Cityworks, The Integration can query a customer-provided ArcGIS server for an address, based on the X/Y map coordinates of the request (i.e. reverse geocode).
- As requests are created on SeeClickFix, the Integration submits them to Cityworks individually (on-the-fly), as a new SR or WO.
- If an issue includes an image, the Integration submits it to Cityworks as an SR/WO Attachment.
Importing Requests (SR Only)
- The Integration can periodically query Cityworks for new SRs originating in Cityworks directly. This allows SeeClickFix applications (web portal, mobile apps, and CRM) to display all Cityworks SRs, not just those originating on SeeClickFix.
- As public comments are added on SeeClickFix, the Integration submits them to Cityworks individually (on-the-fly), as SR/WO Comments.
- If a comment includes an image, the Integration submits it to Cityworks as SR/WO Attachment.
- The Integration will periodically query Cityworks for comments added to the SR/WO and will import those intended for public consumption.
- NB: this “Public” indicator is currently implemented via a comment prefix "To SCF:", pending the addition of a proper checkbox field for this purpose.
Checking for Updates
- The Integration will periodically query Cityworks for changes to the SR/WO, in order to take the following actions:
- The Integration will close the issue if the Cityworks SR/WO has been closed.
Importing Images (from Cityworks)
- SeeClickFix can import images intended for public consumption attached to the SR/WO in Cityworks.
- If the attachment includes a comment with the prefix "To SCF:", the content of the comment, along with the image, will be imported to SeeClickFix and posted as a public comment on the request.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.