An overview of the SeeClickFix integration with Cartegraph OMS
- Prior to sending a request to Cartegraph, SeeClickFix uses the request location (X/Y coordinates) to fetch an address from the ESRI World Geocoder.
- The map coordinates, user-submitted address, and ArcGIS-validated address are all available for submission to Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for a list of request categories (i.e. Cartegraph "Request Issues") that should be offered on our public report forms.
- There is no limit to the number of request categories that can be synced with Cartegraph.
- Request categories are grouped into one or more city-defined service areas.
- This syncing feature is also available on-demand in our CRM.
- SeeClickFix will send requests to Cartegraph as they are created for request categories configured to use the integration.
- SeeClickFix will import requests that were directly entered into Cartegraph. This allows all Cartegraph requests to be available on SeeClickFix (website, apps & widgets), not just the ones we send to Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for changes to an integration request in order to take the following actions:
- SeeClickFix will close the request if it has been closed in Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will optionally comment on the request with a pre-defined message if a Cartegraph request field matches a pre-configured value (e.g. if TasksField >= 1, add comment “A work task has been created.”)
- This feature is also available on-demand in our CRM.
- Public comments added in SeeClickFix will be sent to the Cartegraph request, as they are created.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for comments added to a request and will import those marked as public.
- This occurs at the same time as status checks, mentioned below.