- Prior to sending a request to Cartegraph, SeeClickFix uses the request location (X/Y coordinates) to fetch an address from the ESRI World Geocoder.
- The map coordinates, user-submitted address, and ArcGIS-validated address are all available for submission to Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for a list of request categories (i.e. Cartegraph "Request Issues") that should be offered on our public report forms.
- There is no limit to the number of request categories that can be synced with Cartegraph.
- Request categories are grouped into one or more city-defined service areas.
- This syncing feature is also available on-demand in our CRM.
- SeeClickFix will send requests to Cartegraph as they are created for request categories configured to use the integration.
- SeeClickFix will import requests that were directly entered into Cartegraph. This allows all Cartegraph requests to be available on SeeClickFix (website, apps, and widgets), not just the ones we send to Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for changes to an integration request in order to take the following actions:
- SeeClickFix will close the request if it has been closed in Cartegraph.
- SeeClickFix will optionally comment on the request with a pre-defined message if a Cartegraph request field matches a pre-configured value (e.g. if TasksField >= 1, add comment “A work task has been created.”)
- This feature is also available on-demand in our CRM.
- Public comments added in SeeClickFix will be sent to the Cartegraph request, as they are created.
- SeeClickFix will periodically poll Cartegraph for comments added to a request and will import those marked as public.
- This occurs at the same time as status checks.