This article will detail how to deactivate a resident account registered with SeeClickFix (now Citizen Relationship Management). The resident will need to go through the steps, as the organization cannot deactivate the account for them.
Before they deactivate their account, please consider the following:
- The display name does not have to be personally identifying and can be edited so their identity remains anonymous. We will never post the email address on a public site.
- They may update/change any of the following by accessing their Account Preferences:
- Display name (They may choose to create a display name that is non personally identifying such as ‘Concerned Resident’, ‘Helpful Neighbor’, etc.)
- Avatar (a public-facing image associated with their account)
- Home location (not a physical address; should be a town and/or state/province, etc.)
- Time zone
- Links to their social media accounts on Twitter and/or Facebook
- Sign in to their resident account through the SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management)/Local Government app.
- Navigate to their Profile.
- Select Manage Account.
- Select Request Account Deactivation.
- Confirm the deactivation request via the SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) Account Deactivation Email.
- Sign in to their resident account at www.seeclickfix.com.
- Navigate to their Account Preferences.
- Under General Preferences, select Request Account Deactivation.
- Confirm the deactivation request via the SeeClickFix Account Deactivation Email sent to the email associated with the account.
The account display name and all system-generated emails to the associated email address will be blocked and the account will be deactivated. Their user-Provided Content will remain publicly available indefinitely and in the possession of our partners and Third Parties, per Section 8, Paragraph 2 of our Terms of Service.