If a category no longer serves a purpose, the category can either be removed entirely or disabled from public view.
Who can adjust Request Categories?
- Owner users can access this feature.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
Accessing Request Categories
- To access Request Categories click the Profile Icon and then Manage Organization. Request Categories is located in the left-hand navigation
Disable a Request Category
If the Request Category that needs to be removed has been used to make a report, that Request Category cannot be deleted. It can only be disabled. If you attempt to delete an active Request Category, you will see a warning.
Disabling a request category can be done by clicking the "Cog" icon to the right of the Request Category that you wish to disable and then clicking Disable.
Delete a Request Category
In the case that a Request Category was added and not used for any reporting purpose, it can be deleted. To do so, click the "Cog" icon to the right of the Request Category you wish to delete and then click "Delete".
What happens to disabled Request Categories?
- After disabling a category, it will not be selectable by citizens for the creation of a new Request.
- Requests already made to a disabled request category will remain visible to citizens and staff.
- A major reason why Request Categories cannot be deleted is to preserve the data associated with those categories. As such, reports can still be generated from the Request Export and the Report Card.