SeeClickFix (now Citizen Relationship Management), like other public online platforms, can attract unwanted content from users. Organizational Users have the ability to flag content for review by the SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) moderations team. The goal of the moderations system is to ensure a positive user experience for all.
Content can be flagged in multiple ways on the Citizen Request Manager (CRM) and the public side of SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management). Once the content is flagged, it will be reviewed by the SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) moderations team. Our moderations queue is actively monitored between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays. A system moderator is not a member of your local municipality or organization, but rather, a member of the SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) team.
How Content Arrives in the Moderations Queue
We have a list of keywords that trigger auto-moderation, which means that content will flow into our moderations queue (before posting to the public-facing site) for review by SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) system moderators.
Another way that content appears in the queue for review is that any citizen or partner can flag a request, comment, etc.
Unhelpful or Inappropriate Requests/Comments
If Something is Unhelpful or Inappropriate
- Flag the request or comment and add your organizational email address so SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) knows the request for review is coming from a partner.
- You may flag the content to immediately block it from the public-facing page (this may be especially helpful if the content appears outside of business hours).
Please Note: Content that is flagged causes it to be blocked from both the public-facing and CRM view so be sure to copy/paste pertinent content into an internal comment if you'll still need it for internal purposes (this is only available in the CRM). Flags are available from both the public-facing and CRM view of requests.
If a User Becomes Problematic and Warrants Review
Any member of an organization may reach out to SeeClickFix (Citizen Relationship Management) Support.
What to provide:
- The user's display name (person we are reviewing) and at least one example of why this is being reviewed. Request ID numbers are always helpful.
- If a user causes requests repeatedly, we will evaluate the situation and escalate accordingly. In these cases, we may use the following actions:
- Block content from the public-facing request.
- Moderate the user (all content flows into the moderations queue for review prior to posting to the public-facing request).