Our mission at SeeClickFix is to improve communities through transparency, collaboration, and cooperation. Our promotion of community involvement extends beyond local government, and this is why we offer SeeClickFix to all areas with the use of Post to Neighbors.
We strive to make the daily lives of citizens better through strengthening neighborhoods and increasing group involvement. We encourage citizens to create requests of all types, no matter who is responsible for addressing them.
To support this, SeeClickFix has two key approaches:
- The SeeClickFix platform is built on our “Post to Community” feature. When creating requests on SeeClickFix, citizens can select the “Post to Community” request category to submit posts that can include miscellaneous city requests, volunteer outreach to help a neighbor, lost pet reports, and more!
- Our open-source API, available to everyone, provides the ability for third parties to use our API to build their own solutions and send requests to SeeClickFix. When a third party sends requests to SeeClickFix, then we will categorize the requests under “Post to Community.”
For example, community members worked with SeeClickFix to build the “Snowcrew” application using the open-source API. “Snowcrew” provides a forum for citizens to ask for help with snow removal and allows volunteers see where help is needed.
How It Works
As a SeeClickFix partner, you will be able to see all items created under “Post to Community” in your CRM. This is a separate repository of items from your city-defined service requests, and will not impact your service request reporting and metrics.
- The “Post to Community” items are kept separate from your service request list, as we recognize there will be requests created that won't be the city's responsibility to solve.
- This gives you the freedom to watch the “Post to Community” items as you wish, and pull requests into your queue manually that you feel are the responsibility of the city to resolve.
- This ensures the community has the power to report and coordinate any variety of requests while ensuring you have the power to manage city-related requests
1. If you want to provide citizens with a way to report other miscellaneous requests to the city, you can add a service request category called “Other City Requests.”
With this configuration:
- Citizens will see both the “Other City Requests” and “Post to Community” as options for creating requests
- This tends to drive true city requests into your CRM via the “Other City Requests” option while leaving volunteering and other requests under “Post to Community”.
2. If you want to consume everything created on SeeClickFix into your CRM and remove the “Post to Community” option, simply add a service request category called “Other” (must use an uppercase “O” and not contain any other words or characters).With this configuration:
- We will no longer display “Post to Community” as an option for citizens.
- All items created under “Post to Community” through the API (example: Snowcrew volunteering) will display in your CRM.
- It will be your responsibility to address every request created through SeeClickFix, regardless of whether or not it is the city's responsibility.
- Note that SeeClickFix does not support closing requests that have not been resolved, and you are taking a larger role in the community by selecting this option. SeeClickFix reserves the right to turn off this option if requests are not addressed in an appropriate manner.
- Please note: with option 2, all city requests and other miscellaneous requests will be combined in your reporting and metrics on the “Reports” tab in the CRM.
- For this reason, you may want to triage all “Other” requests and reassign city requests to a more appropriate service request category, leaving the creating of “Other” requests to strictly non-city items.
3. If you want to consume everything created on SeeClickFix into your CRM but do not want it to impact your reporting, you can set up a separate agency with the service request category of “Other” (using an uppercase "0")
- If you do this and you use “Insight” for reporting, this will mean all requests filed under “Other” will be created on a separate report.
- Before you implement this option, please check with your Account Manager to be sure you have purchased access to Insight reporting.
If you have any questions on how these options work and would like to discuss them in greater detail, we are here to help you! Thank you for your support of SeeClickFix and our mission to improve communities.