The starting location is a setting that controls what the citizen sees on the map before they begin a new report.
Who can adjust this setting?
- Owner users can access this setting.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
The default starting location for submitting new requests is calculated by finding the center of the largest geography within an account. This works well for simple geographies but for complex geographies, the result can be a starting location that was sometimes in a odd location - like a water way or outside of the boundary entirely!
Set a starting location
Accessing Starting Location
To access the Starting Location click the Profile Icon and then Manage Organization. Edit Starting location is a part of the Settings tab - the first screen you see after clicking Manage Organization.
- Click Edit Starting Location
- After clicking Edit Starting Location, a map will be shown, and you can make two adjustments to this map to affect the following starting location components:
- Zoom Level - The zoom applied to this map affects the amount of zoom present when a citizen begins a new Request
- Pin Location - The pin location on this map affects the beginning location of the map when a citizen begins a new Request
- After selecting a Zoom Level and Pin Location, click on Accept Map to close the map view.
- Then, to finalize the changes, click Save Organization Settings