Resources are consumable and trackable items that are budgeted and then used to help staff complete work.
Who can access the Resources tab?
- Owner users can access this feature.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
- Within Manage Organization, click on Resources within the left-hand menu.
- To add a new Resource, click Add Resource in the top right-hand corner
- To edit an existing Resource, click on the title of the resource you wish to edit.
Defining the ResourceWhen adding or editing a resource, you will need to define the resource's attributes. A Resource should be a consumable and trackable thing. Here are a few examples before you get started:
- Title - This is the name of the resource
- Category - To help sort all of the resources you have, you can add a category for this resource. The are two options; to add a new Category or select an existing category.
- Measure - This is the way that the resource is quantified specific to that resource.
- Decimal Points Allowed - There are certain things that can be partially consumed, but others that cannot. This selection indicates how many decimal points can be used when using this resource.
- Cost - To quantify this resource, identify how much one unit measurement of this resource costs
- Location - Describe where this resource can be found. This is not a geocoded field, so you don’t need to use a complete address.
- Photos - Images of the resource can be added here to aid staff in finding the correct resource
Example of a ResourceThere’s quite a bit of flexibility with defining a resource. To give you an idea of how a resource could be defined, here is one example:
- Title - Concrete
- Category - Raw Materials
- Measure - Pounds
- Decimal Points Allowed - 0.0
- Cost - 8 (dollars)
- Location - Materials Shed