Request Categories provide citizens with a list of issue types to select from when beginning their issue report. This is a very important step to ensure that citizens can find a category for their report!
Who can adjust Request Categories?
- Owner users can access this feature.
- The Manage Organization tab is only visible to Owners.
Accessing Request Categories
The Service Request Categories screen can be found by navigating to CRM > Manage Organization > Request Categories.
Create a New Service Request CategoryAs pictured above, click the gear icon next to the Agency you wish to add a new Request Category to and then click Add a Service Request Type. After doing so, there are two important steps
- Give your new Request Category a Title such as “Pothole” or “Graffiti”.
- Configure automatic assignments to instantly assign all requests created under your new SR to one person or department associated with your SeeClickFix government account.
- Note: The “Assigned by” and “Assign to” fields must be different or Automatic Assignment will not work.
- Keep staff updated with all notification related to a request with Automatic Subscribers. Subscribers will receive all the “assignee notifications”.
- Notify internal staff about new reports submitted under this request category by entering one or more Email Addresses to Route Requests notifications to those email addresses. These emails will receive the same email as the assignment email, but will not be assigned the Request. Multiple emails should be separated by commas as follows: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internal Use Only - Request Category will only appear on report form for account members.
- Please Note: Once submitted it will have a public-facing report page. See previous section.
- Set Service-Level Agreements (SLA) by request category to track progress of resolution. This is an internal-only performance metric. It can be set at the service request category under the “Settings” tab. SLA times can be set in hours, days and weeks. SLA is calculated Monday - Friday, 9-5 in the organization's timezone and accounts for federal holidays.
All fields are optional aside from Title and Automatic Assignments. You can always come back and edit the existing service request categories to make changes to the title, email notifications, SLA and assignment settings. Click “Create” to save your new service request.
Partners with an Integration
If you are an integrated partner & add a new service request, your customized emails will NOT automatically configure correctly. You must manually go into your customized emails and select the new service request categories or the generic emails will be sent.
Additional Steps if Your Organization has "Work"
These steps only apply if your organization has purchased the Work product.
If your organization has Work, you have the ability to set up escalation paths per service request category. This will allow managers to be alerted when Requests become "overdue" and need attention. To add a new Request Category with escalation:
- Click the gear to the right of the Agency and then select Add Service Request Category.
- Set Service-Level Agreements (SLA) by request category to track progress of resolution. This is an internal-only performance metric. SLA times can be set in days and weeks and is calculated Monday - Friday, 9-5 in the organization's timezone and accounts for federal holidays.
- Add an escalation contact who will be notified by email when the requests in this request category are overdue based on the SLA you set.