Who can use this feature?
Request Categories provide citizens with a list of issue types to select from when beginning their issue report. This is a very important step to ensure that citizens can find a category for their report.
- If you are an integrated partner and add a new service request, your customized emails will not automatically configure correctly. You must manually go into your customized emails and select the new service request categories or the generic emails will be sent.
- Navigate to your profile > Manage Organization
- Select Request Categories
- Click + Category next to the Agency you wish to add a new Request Category to
- Fill out New Request Category fields
- Title (Required): Give your new Request Category a title such as “Pothole” or “Graffiti”
- Enabled: Toggle on to enable the request category
- Internal Use: Check for the request category to only be reported by organization members
- Note: Once submitted it will have a public-facing report page.
- Enable Guest Submissions: Users will be able to submit without creating an account - supported by Portal only
- Privatize issues by default: Check to hide requests from public view, may increase duplicate requests
- Require location upon submission: Select to require locations for submissions
- Automations: Configure automatic assignments to instantly assign all requests created under your new request to one person or department associated with your SeeClickFix government account
- Note: The “Assigned by” and “Assign to” fields must be different or Automatic Assignment will not work.
- Subscriptions and Benchmarks
- Automatic Subscribers: Keep staff updated with all notifications related to a request with Automatic Subscribers. Subscribers will receive all the “assignee notifications”.
- Due Date Escalation: List members to be notified when an unclosed Request in this category passes its due date
- Service-Level Agreement (SLA): Set SLA by request category to track the progress of resolution
- Note: This is an internal-only performance metric. It can be set at the service request category under the “Settings” tab. SLA times can be set in hours, days, and weeks. SLA is calculated Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the organization's timezone and accounts for federal holidays.
- Escalate To: If your organization has the Work product, you have the ability to set up escalation paths per service request category. This will allow managers to be alerted when Requests become "overdue" and need attention. Add an escalation contact who will be notified by email when the requests in this request category are overdue based on the SLA you set.
- Public User Restrictions: Set limits on public updates for this request category
- Additional Notifications: Notify internal staff about new reports submitted under this request category by entering one or more email addresses to route requests notifications to those email addresses
- Note: These emails will receive the same email as the assignment email, but will not be assigned the request. Multiple emails should be separated by commas as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Click Create to save your new service request