This article will review how to edit an existing Notice and the expected behavior once a Notice has been edited.
- Editing a Notice will not automatically re-send the Notice. To re-post an edited Notice, select Update Notice, then Confirm.
- To remove a Notice, either select Delete from the gear icon on the Notice list or if the Notice is active, select Unschedule while editing the Notice.
Previous Step: Create and Send a Notice
- Navigate to Notices
- Select the desired Notice from the list
- Edit the sections of the Notice
- Internal Title: This field will help identify the notice in the list of all notices, but will not appear publicly.
- From: Use this field to specifically identify the department or group that is sending the notice. This can be anything you wish, up to 40 characters.
- Subject: Succinctly describe the subject of the notice. This is limited to 80 characters to ensure readability on mobile devices, however, we recommend using as few characters as possible.
- Body: Add text using the Rich Text editor to finish your Notice. Then, you can add an image in the following field.
- Photo: Choose to add a photo (landscape images are preferred).
- Notify users in this geography: Notices are sent out to Residents who have Points of Interest within the selected geography. If you have geographies that correspond to certain portions of your service area, you can send targeted notices to certain areas.
- Send Email and Mobile Push: Toggle on to send an email and push notification via the mobile app with the Notice.
- Display notice on the web: Toggle on to have your Notice displayed on the Web Portal, iFrame widget (legacy), and on the SeeClickFix.com Place page.
- Note: If the notice is only set to show on the web, nothing will display in the Recipients column. If the notice will also sends emails, it will display the number of email recipients.
- Send and display publicly: Select a date for the notice to send and display to the public.
- Display notice on the web until: Choose an end date for the notice to display.
- Preview: Choose to send a preview email to yourself or view a web preview.
- Select Update Notice
- Select Confirm
- Note: If the Notice was sent via push notification, updating the Notice will not send an additional push notification. Only web notifications and apps will be updated.SeeClickFix